Saturday, September 24, 2011

Old-School Awards: Because games aren't addictive enough...

My new goal in life is to own this.
So, it seems the new craze with games is "Achievements".  For those who don't know, these are extra, optional goals that don't really have any effect on gameplay, but act as a trophy or medal, for managing some in-game action.  Some are just general, and somewhat "common", like hitting so many game hours, or beating a boss, but others...oooh boy.  Some are absolute NIGHTMARES to try and snag.

Now, initially I was very against these...it just seems slightly pointless.  However, like all optional objectives and collectibles, I was soon obsessed.  Some really stink, but some are very neat, looking like real medals or little icons from the game.  If I ran the zoo, I'd have some kind of 3D trophy room, somewhat like the figurine system in Super Smash Brothers, but that's neither here nor there...

Why am I going on about this?  Well...I felt that the new generation of games shouldn't be having all the fun.

These took longer to make then I care to admit...
I whipped up a few little awards for some classic games.  I'll admit, I don't have many of them, but it's very fun to try.  So, what else now?  Comment with some suggestions, or even just games you'd like some for, and I'll post what I generate as time goes on.  Now, I just have to get a button making kit...

No comments:

Post a Comment